Preparing for your procedure is the first step in the microblading process. Before your appointment:
- DO NOT pick, tweeze, wax, or perform electrolysis one week before the procedure.
- DO NOT have sunburned skin or long unprotected exposure in the sun within two weeks of the procedure.
- DO NOT have a facial within two weeks of the procedure.
- DO NOT have botox injected within three weeks of your procedure.
- DO NOT exfoliate or have any Microneedling done within two weeks of Microblading.
- DO NOT take Niacin within one week of the procedure.
- DO NOT take any blood thinners, including Fish Oil or Vitamin E, within one week of the procedure.
- DO NOT wax or tint your eyebrows within three days of the procedure.
- DO NOT workout the day of your procedure.
In order to avoid excessive bleeding and poor color deposit:
- DO NOT drink alcohol 24-48 hours before your procedure.
- DO NOT drink coffee before your procedure.
- DO NOT take pain relief medication such as Aspirin or Ibuprofen (blood thinners).
Before your appointment you will be charged a non-refundable $50 consultation fee. Clients seeking Microblading are subject to approval.
On the day of your appointment you will be required to fill out a consent form and provide a copy of your ID. Before and after photos will be taken for our portfolio, with your consent the photos will be posted on our site and used for other promotional purposes.
Next we will begin to draw on your eyebrows based on your desired look, face shape, bone structure, and other facial characteristics. Please keep in mind that your eyebrows are not meant to be absolutely identical to each other, instead they will be enhanced with the tools and techniques we use to provide the most realistic and natural look. Once the shape is approved and the design is agreed upon, the microblading will begin. The first pass will be done without numbing cream so we can outline and create the brow frame and mask with ink (you may feel like sneezing during this which is a common reaction).
While masking one brow, I’ll be drawing on the second brow and numbing cream will be applied to the first brow. At this point you may feel minimal discomfort. Each stroke will be repeated several times to ensure that the ink adheres properly. If necessary, shading will be applied after the strokes to give more density and make the eyebrows look more pronounced. We will check your brows together to make sure you are completely satisfied with the shape of the strokes.
After the appointment a copy of aftercare instructions will be provided for you. Please keep in mind your eyebrows will look darker on the day of the procedure and will slowly lighten over time. The eyebrows can fade after completely healed, pigmentation loss varies. Redness is normal and will go away after a few days. After-procedure care is essential to protect the look of the brows. Remember the acronym AWM, which stands for Absorb, Wash, and Moisturize!
We recommend that you book your touch-up appointment while you are in for your procedure. The touch-up procedure should take place four to eight weeks following your first Microblading procedure. The touch up treatment is to replace any brow strokes you may have lost (it could be up to 50%).
After you have gotten your beautiful brows done, it is important that the pigment is sealed into the skin. The percent of retention is related to the aftercare and is based on skin type, technique, age, lifestyle, health conditions, and medications.
- 30 minutes after the treatment you must wash your brows with warm water and neutral face wash (ph level 5.5) then apply cream.
- After the first wash, repeat process every 2 hours (if you have oily skin every 1.5 hours) for the next 24 hours,
- For the first 24 hours, apply the wax (Skin by Sarah is providing) after every wash.
- If you had your eyebrows done in the evening, just wash once before bed and immediately the next morning to continue the aftercare.
After the first 24 hours, wash twice a day in the morning and evening like you would do for a normal daily routine. Apply the cream after washing your face or after the shower. For dry skin, it is recommended to use a thin layer of cream five times a day. For normal skin, use two times a day or as needed. For oily skin, dry healing would be the best option (use a thin layer of cream if area begins to feel dry). Washing frequently reduces the chance of scabbing.
- DO NOT touch or pick your brows.
- DO NOT apply makeup on top of the brows until heals.
Remember, your eyebrows will look dark but fade 10% to 50%
- DO NOT use other ointments, cream with vitamins or antibiotics on eyebrows during the healing process.
- DO NOT go sunbathing or tanning in direct sunlight for 4 weeks.
- DO NOT use retinols, AHA’s, exfoliating treatments, chemical peels, microdermabrasion, botox and any other strong treatments for 6-8 weeks after your procedure.
- Smoking WILL cause the pigment to fade prematurely and anesthetics will not last as long.
- DO NOT use growth enhancement products such as RevitaBrow, GrandeLASH, one month prior and after treatment has fully healed as it may shift your color.
- DO NOT wax or tint your brows for 15 days or until the wound is completely closed.
Skin by Sarah cannot guarantee your final results. Results are based on how your skin heals and accepts the pigment. Results vary by individual, however, if you follow your aftercare instructions, most procedures are very successful.